Thursday Moda #22 and a Throwback Thursday in Gold.

Welcome to a brand-new Thursday Moda. So, originally I had planned to have a very special Mommy+Daughter post today where we would show off two Gorgeous Dresses we both wore earlier this month while vacationing in the Riviera of the Midwest (click on that link to see what I mean). But I have had an incredibly busy week both at work and at home.A week from today is my last day of work until August 22nd. And next Friday my sister-in-law makes her first ever trip to USA to visit us. So my hands are full to say the least. And I rather sleep whenever I can. I have had no time to edit the new pictures, prepare the post, etc. Instead, I am doing a Thursday Throwback post looking back almost exactly a year ago with my Favorite Outfit/Favorite Dress from July 2015.

My favorite outfit of July 2015 that I posted is this Burn-Out Golden Silk Halter Dress that I wore to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary with my handsome husband (pictured above). It is fitting to post this outfit today, since I miss my husband who is currently out of the country, for work. I paired my Beautiful, Elegant Dress with Black Lace Bow Peep-Toe Pumps that have little Kitten Heels and did some tiny Pattern Mixing with my Leopard Clutch. I straightened my hair completely. Let me tell you, I would wear this dress and this outfit head to toe without thinking twice.

Gold+Ivory Floral, Babydoll Halter Silk Dress: Arden B (similar, Steal), (gorgeous option in bright mustard, on Sale, my Favorite), (similar), (similar, Splurge).
Leopard Envelope Clutch w/ Buckle & Black Metal Chain: Marshalls (similar, Steal, love this), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Splurge).
Dainty Gold-tone Earrings w/ Cubic Crystal, 4-Colored Stones: Fred's Jewelry (similar in coral+pave, Steal, love these), (gorgeous option, Splurge, my Favorite).
Gold, Diamond-Patterned Cuff: Lord & Taylor (edgy option, Steal), (gorgeous option, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge);
Silver Stone Cuff w/ Square, Circle & Pear-shaped Stones: White House Black Market (dainty option, Great Deal), (gorgeous option, love this), (fun asymmetric option, Splurge, my Favorite
Gold Leather Strap, Square Watch w/ Pave Rim: Kohl's (similar, Steal), (similar rose quartz option, Splurge, my Favorite).
Marble Coral Cocktail Ring: A Local Beach Attire Boutique (similar, Steal), (similar, Splurge).
Black Satin & Floral Lace, Bow, Open-toe Pumps: Payless (similar, Steal), (similar, on Sale), (similar, Splurge, My Favorite).



With the magic number of 100, obviously there were many gorgeous looks in last week's linkup. I actually saved the photos for the Favorite Looks collage but like I said I am running late and trying to get some sleep (rather than blog) tonight, so instead I have just the Featured Blogger today. 
Today's Featured Blogger is BECKY from By BMG who is mom to a little boy, as well as a housewife whose blog I only discovered this year but truly enjoy for its variety. Nina linked up both this Jersey Olive Maxi Dress that she wore on vacation, as well as this Olive Tee + Striped Skirt from her Instagram roundup.
It is no shock I picked Becky as the blogger to feature today, because besides liking both of the outfits she linked up for being chic yet half-casual, mom-friendly and Summery, both outfits feature Olive Green - a color I love and for more of that stay tuned for next week's Thursday Moda - and this lovely lady featured today has a bit of remixing going on in her outfits with her patterned clutch and eggplant beaded necklace. Both times she also chose Neutral Cognac Sandals. Becky started a very fun "$10 at Target" series which she turned into a monthly linkup. On Fridays she also posts her " High Five for Friday" posts, so there is a lot to look at and admire when visiting her blog, not just her great mom style.

P.S. Linking up with Adri + Jessica, Alice, Ana Luiza with Michelle (this week's theme is "Summer Sandal Styles"), Annie, Brooke with Erica, Carrie with Jill, Christie, Claire, Dawn, Grace, Elle with Jacqueline, Heather, Jalynn,

Now join the linkup and make some new friends!
Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood




An InLinkz Link-up






Image Map


Comments

  1. Lovely dress Ada!!

    Thanks for the reminder, I get so busy (doing nothing!!) and usually forget :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty gold dress & love the sweet pics of you and your hubby! Thanks for hosting Ada:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo Gorgeous in Gold!! You and the Mr. Are darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gold dress, you look great! XO-Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold dress, you look great! XO-Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada, that is a fabulous dress! I am missing my husband, too, so I feel for you! My hubs has been gone since July 1, but will finally be back in 12 days. Grrr....the summer is long with no evening kid help from Daddy!

    Remember to come link up On the Edge of the Week tonight!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada you look amazing! You and Your husband are so cute together!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a golden girl! I love your dress! So stunning!
    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for you to see what I'm wearing this week at the blog - come check it out and lemme know what you think!

    Happy Thursday!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy, busy week, lady! But exciting your sister-in-law is coming to visit. :) I love this pretty gold number!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is stunning on you! The color is exquisite. :)

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gold is my jam! I love it! I have so many black dresses, I love how you have such a variety that you share on the blog. You and your husband are so cute here!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww I especially love that first picture of you two. This dress was perfect for an anniversary date night. How fun to have your sister-in-law coming!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's fun to look back at what we wore last year or even more!!
    That gold dress is gorgeous!!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty dress! You look great! And I love the photos of the two of you! I hope life slows down soon!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgoues dress! You look beautiful!
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this crinkle dress, and what a pretty color too! You both are so cute together :) Have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that gorgeous dress, and what adorable pictures! I'm sure it's hard to have your husband out of the country--working, blogging, and taking care of a toddler is no joke! Hope you get some relaxation in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This gold dress is beautiful on you Ada, and I love the halter cut. Have a great weekend!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful gold dress, Ada! I had to stop and think, but I don't have any gold dresses in my wardrobe. I might need to get one now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so happy! I don't think I own any gold anything, what a fun party dress! Love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very fun dress, and I can totally relate to preferring sleep over blogging.
    Hope you have a fun weekend!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful dress! I have more silver than gold in my wardrobe but I may have to work on that! Lovely photos of you and your hubby :-)

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The fabric of that dress is gorgeous! Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my Ada, it does sound like you're busy! That's such an exciting visit though- the first time ever!! I love that dress on you- I'm such a sucker for anything gold. And those black heels are so cute! Love these pictures with your husband, y'all look so beautiful together!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you find some time to relax some.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty dress and you and your hubby are too cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both of you look nice! I love your gold dress!

    ReplyDelete
  29. There is something about a little gold dress that is so sassy and fun. You look so glam! Hope you enjoy your time with your family and please do check out #MumsThatSlay because you totally do! Yvadney x Style After Nine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, that is quite an impressive dress!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The riviera of the midwest is in Michigan!? Haha! I'm from Ohio originally so I beg to differ! Lovely dress, and happy anniversary! It is nice to see the husbands behind the blog, because they do so much to support our love of fashion and blogging, but they rarely make an appearance! Have a lovely weekend and thanks for hosting.
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Ada, thank you for all of your comments - what a great TBT with that dress.
    Its amazing how fast time has flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A fun look back at a pretty outfit!

    Thank you for hosting and hope you are having a fab week!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow you look gorgeous in this dress dear!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the pictures of you and your husband, so cute! Your dress is gorgeous!!!
    xx
    DeeVine Anonyme

    ReplyDelete
  36. The gold is so fun! Thanks for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh my gosh - gold is your metallic. This is certainly a fun party dress & you look lovely

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts