This Weekend - February 2017, first volume.

This weekend before Valentine's day there is a lot of things for you to do, watch and check out! Below, enjoy my recommendations and no matter what you decide to do or how to spend the weekend before Valentine's day, be safe and stay warm out there!

at the Movie Theater:
This weekend, the sequence to "50 Shades of Gray" comes out at the theaters. It has been two years since we saw the first movie starring Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson. I read the first two books in Albanian in 2012 (when they came out) and I started reading the third but then I gave birth to Vivian and I never finished the third book. I have also read the first book in English by the way. I did watch the first movie at the theaters, when it came out exactly two years ago. One of my best friends and I made it a Galentine night. I did enjoy the movie. Then, I preferred Dakota in the character of Anastasia than I liked Jamie as Christian Gray. I want to re-watch the first movie before going to see the second - which I am dying to see. This sequence proves to be bolder, sexier and darker (like the title exactly) plus we finally meet the infamous "Mrs. Robinson" played by the sexy and stunning Kim Basinger. I haven't seen Kim B. in a movie in a long time but I cannot imagine a better actress chosen for this role. Plus Kim is the most beautiful 63-year old in Hollywood, these days.

on TV:
The 59th Grammy Awards is on live at 5.00 PST or 8.00 EST this Sunday on CBS but you can catch the Live Red Carpet ceremony about 3 hours before the show starts on E channel. It is time for all of you fans of Beyonce (who leads the nominations this year with 9 nominations), Rihanna, Justin Beiber, Ariana Grande and more to sit in front of your TVs, sip your hot tea, glass of merlot or another drink of your choice, or eat a bowl of fresh fruit if you prefer and watch the Grammys. Who will win the most awards?! Adele, Bruno Mars, Kanye West, Chance the Rapper or pregnant Beyonce win the most awards this Sunday and most importantly what will the big fashionistas like Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Carrie Underwood and Rihanna wear?! Who will make some rather-safe fashion choices and who will turn all the heads in a bold outfit?!

on the menu:
Make it a romantic dinner date night in and cook together with your partner. Food brings people even more together. What I suggest for you to make?! How about a filet mignon cooked medium rare, seasoned just right and topped with a grilled portabello mushroom?! For a side dish I suggest a few mini-size cheese raviolis in a light tomato sauce and a healthy salad with field greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese and dried cranberries sprinkled with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. A good glass of Pinot Noir or Cabernet pair perfectly with filet. May I suggest Mindego Ridge Pinot Noir 2014 or a Penfolds Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon 2013. Finish off with a chocolate mousse torte.

to buy:
I think Valentine's day/around that time of the year is the perfect time and occasion to add a new/never-tried before perfume to your beauty drawer. While you may have 1, 2 or even 3 favorites you have been wearing for years, go for a brand-new one this time around. Perfume designers come out with new fragrances and scents each year. Lancôme's "La Vie Est Belle" Eau De Parfum is a new one that came out in 2016 that I think smells heavenly and I would personally love to add to my beauty collection. It comes in the large 3.4 oz. bottle, the smaller 1.7 oz. bottle, the perfect traveling size or even as a body cream.

to wear:
A Red Dress, most definitely. It is the one item you should wear at least three times in February for a multitude of reasons. First of all choose a red dress because February is the month of love and hearts, duhh. Secondly and even more importantly, choose a red dress because red dresses are worn from millions of women all over the world in February, in honor and support of Women's Heart Disease month. A red dress is perfect for a hot Valentine's Date Night like this stunner which I want to own. A red sheath dress is perfect to wear to work with or without a blazer, just add classic pumps. A red sweater dress can be worn casually like this one, with knee-high boots. Or if you have a Winter wedding to attend this February opt for this slit maxi gown with the most beautiful cascading hem - top it off with a black cropped faux fur coat and wear some black stilettos with it, a little choker necklace, some silver studs, a metallic clutch and you may just be the best dressed at the wedding reception. Like my collage above says "Rock a Little Red Dress" this February!






Comments

  1. Would you believe I have not seen or read anything related to "grey shades" ? and that
    I just realised tomorrow is the 14th of February !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts