Thursday Moda #52: One Year Celebration - Dressed Up Girls.

Welcome to a very special Thursday Moda. It is indeed special because it has been exactly a year since I started this linkup and that is why my linkup is posted one full day early today (this early morning on Wednesday). On the very first Thursday of March last year in 2016, I started off this Linkup focused on Style+Fashion (a.k.a. Moda) and on that very same post I introduced you to a brand-new blog design and and updated, professional-looking website.Today and tomorrow we will all celebrate (including Vivian) and of course I have chosen two dressy looks. Today I am wearing my favorite color of Winter - Burgundy or like I love to call it Bourdeaux - and today's look is actually what I wore IRL yesterday. Tomorrow, I will kick things up a notch and get even more fancy on you guys so stay tuned. ;-)

To celebrate the one year anniversary of Thursday Moda, today, I chose an outfit that describes me 100% and I chose Vivian to be a part of this post too since she is very much a part of this blog. =) First of all I chose a Burgundy Dress. Burgundy is my favorite Winter color (maybe because it is a cousin of red which is my ultimate favorite) and dresses are my favorite items to wear. This dress is also a little Bohemian and in the last couple of years I have worn and loved a lot of Bohemian styles especially Boho Dresses. I am also wearing Gorgeous Statement Earrings. Lately I have been drawn to Tassel Earrings and you can currently find these beauties at Ann Taylor; they match my dress perfectly, don't they?! Ditto for that Vintage Merlot Bracelet. I am also wearing one of my many red lipsticks. Everyone that knows me well knows that red lips are my favorite way to go makeup-wise, even if I am not wearing any other makeup at all. This outfit also represents me 100% because I am wearing red and black and those are the colors of my home country, Albania (though that didn't dawn on me until writing this post).
As I mentioned we took these photos yesterday (I am off on Tuesdays from work) for just a date with Vivian to the library, Starbucks and cupcakes afterwards. I understand I was really dressed up for all of these but I promise you I was comfortable even-though I am in heels. For fun I swapped my regular purse I carry these days for a Bold Red Faux Fur Bag and I did something a lot of regular style bloggers do: add some fresh flowers and carry them in my bag. I am not sure how they worked out but I tried. This bouquet of red, pink, white and burgundy gerber flowers matched both my outfit and Vivian's so nicely. Speaking of Viv, she is wearing a Black Monochromatic Outfit with her Black+Pink Fair Isle Sweater Dress paired with Black Tights and Black Ballet Flats. Of course since pink is Vivian's favorite color, she did accessorize with a Baby Pink Tiara+Pearl Headband. She is also wearing a Silk Floral+Pearl Necklace in White+Navy. What do you think of Our Outfits and how we coordinated them today?! I hope you like what we wore because we are both celebrating with you in spirit and we are both here to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making Thursday Moda a success week after week with usually more than 100 bloggers linking up, each time!

Burgundy/Plum Pave, Beaded+Silk, Long Tassel Earrings: Ann Taylor (New) (similar, Huge Steal, love these), (similar, Steal, my Favorite), (similar knotted style, Great Deal, love these), (similar dainty option).
Burgundy Stretchy Vintage Bracelet w/ Oval Cameo Stones: Vintage, hand-me-down from my Grandma (gorgeous pave cuff, Great Deal, love this), (similar multi-colored option), (similar in different shades of gold, Splurge, my Favorite).
Bright Red Faux Fur Bag w/ Black Faux Leather Strap: Old Navy (Old) (similar in burgundy, Huge Steal), (similar clutch, on Sale, love this), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).
Red Creme Lipstick: "Certainly Red" Super Lustrous by Revlon (identical, Steal & I love it!), (similar by Mac, Great Deal, love this), (similar by Nars, I also own this+love it!, Small Splurge). 
(over) Icy Pink "Colorlicious" Lipstick: "Yummy Pink" by Cover Girl via Ulta (identical, Great Deal), (similar by Mac, Great Deal, love this), (similar by Smashbox, Small Splurge, my Favorite).
Black Opaque Ribbed Tights: The Limited (R.I.P.) (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge, love these).
Black Faux Leather, Ankle Strap Sandals w/ Block Heels: Merona via Target (this year's version by Merona, Steal), (very similar), (similar, fun option Great Deal, love these), (similar, on Sale, love these), (similar w/ scalloped straps, Splurge, my Favorite).

Vivian's Outfit:
Black+Pink Fair Isle Sweater Dress w/ Long Sleeves: Wal Mart.
White+Navy Statement Necklace w/ Silk Flowers + Faux Pearls: Carter's (New).
Black Knit Tights: Wal Mart.
Baby Pink Satin Headband w/ Sparkly Tiara Decoration: The Children's Place (New).
Black Faux Suede, Mary Jane Ballet Flats: Gymboree (New).

Last week, when I shared a similar dress and look like today (except in a red-ish pink color), over one hundred outfits were linked. Lace, lace and more lace was what attracted me the most! I noticed that a lot of you featured outfits in burgundy and red, from your Valentine's Day events and such. You will notice that my Featured Blogger's looks today have a lot in common with my own OOTD for today. I also love those super girly blush pink+cream looks: both the tulle skirts and the lacy tops are so gorgeous.
This week's featured blogger is CHELSEA from Chow Down USA who linked up this gorgeous burgundy maxi dress and this flirty red lace dress which had the prettiest laced up-back detail. Both of these lace dresses were beautiful and each set of photos was gorgeous, one in a sandy beach and one in the middle of white cold snow. I think both of these dresses were great choices on Chelsea's part for February being both the month of Valentine's Day and Women's Heart Disease. Chelsea's blog is filled with beautiful outfits, fun photo-shoots, product reviews, yummy food and travel posts. She spends her time between East Coast and West Coast, staying stylish along the way. Make sure you check out her blog if you haven't yet.


Carrie's 'Fuchsia Dress' looks stunning paired with a blue denim jacket and her accessories are on point, as usual.
Celebrating lately, Lizzie shares '12 things' her years of blogging taught her, alongside this super girly, fancy, frothy outfit fit for a Barbie doll like herself.
I would wear this outfit head to toe and Shelly knows it. She knows how to 'Work the Skirt' - the pencil skirt that is - which looks sharp with a button-down tucked in and classic black pumps.
Ruth's 'Faux Leather Jacket' is a must for every closet but it is her heart knitted beanie I truly love. Such a great casual edgy look.
It was the most 'Romantic Valentine' for beautiful mamma Rachael as her blush pink tulle midi skirt was perfection with her (cropped) white crochet top and ivory fur coat.

Like I said, I am opening the linkup a day early this week due to this celebratory one-year anniversary. I will keep it on the blog today and tomorrow too so welcome by and join it. Also, stay tuned for tomorrow's post because it is the actual day of my linkup and I have gathered 9 of my blogging buddies to help celebrate with me! It is a very special post filled with a lot of style. Thank you all for reading this far down. Thank you for always reading my blog and for stopping by; for the comments, e-mails, follows and positive feedback. Thank you for understanding and appreciating my style. Last but not least thank you for linking up with me every Thursday. I always appreciate your support!



Image Map

Comments

  1. You both look lovely! Love those earrings Ada! Thank you for hosting, I hope yu can make it to mine on Thursday xx
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ada, you both look sooo amazing. Happy Blogthursdaymodabirthday :)
    xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to be a part of your link up anniversary Ada! I love your red dress and Vivian looks adorable as always. Congrats on this milestone you gorgeous fashionista!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already saw some pictures of your little angel on IG. Beautiful! Adorable! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one year of the link up!!! You two look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada, this burgundy color is spectacular on you! No wonder it is one of your favorite colors. I am loving the lacy dress and those shoes and earrings are just perfect. And how adorable is Vivian's dress! She is a fashion blogger in the making! Congrats on one year of a fantastic link up and thanks so much for hosting it every week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, happy anniversary Ada! I love your blog and can't wait what you have n store for us for the next coming years. You look superb in this outfit! Burgundy is definitely your color. I can't enough of Vivian dress! She's too adorable!
    Edwige | http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you on your one year link Up anniversary!! Link ups are a lot of hard work and you is with grace and ease. Thank you so much for the feature!! You made my day :-)

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for showing off my picture! I can't believe it's already been a year since you started this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of you look absolutely adorable - definitely good coordinated outfits! Love the burgundy dress and your matching tassel earrings! PS. Red is my favorite color too! :) <3

    Sabina | I've Got Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary of the link-up Ada! Love both of your outfits!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this burgundy dress is certainly a great choice, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You both look so pretty! And of course congrats on your 1 year anniversary of your link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So stunning with this red dress!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: CASUAL CHIC LOOK | JEANS, MAXI COAT AND VELVET
    DON'T MISS: CHLOE LOVE STORY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this dress Ada!! The high neck, long sleeves, color and lace are perfection! Just beautiful!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers. blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun memories! She is just adorable and I love the red dress! And thank you for the feature!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post Ada! Thanks so much for the feature, I'm so honored! I tweeted this out earlier today :) You guys look so sweet together!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. You look great in red.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the one year link up anniversary :) You both look lovely, love your dress. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts