Thursday Moda #69: Casual, Girly Mom Looks (Look 13).

Summer Soltice - the first day of Summer and longest day of the year is here. Coincidentally it was a cooler day for us. And yesterday it was actually cold, we are talking as low as 56 degrees by late afternoon. Today I have with me CHRISSY from Granola & Grace who first of all is so beautiful - her gorgeous eyes, she smiles with her eyes - and we are showing you casual but super cute and put together girly mom looks. All three of our outfits today are very casual but put-together and fun, plus they show our personalities. I am a huge fan of pairing a very girly piece like a tulle skirt with a graphic tee and boyish shoes and Chrissy did just that with her Converse pair and a cute tee - whose message matches her blog and life motto. She looks so good. While I am new to her blog, for the past couple of months I have loved getting to know Chrissy and seeing her look amazing in very casual everyday looks which fit her SAHM status. 

This outfit was worn 3 weeks ago, prior to me starting my capsule wardrobe. This was one of the dresses I 'discussed' as one of my capsule pieces but ultimately I didn't pick it. I love the casual monochromatic way I did this. While the dress is patterned, it is mostly blue so I paired it with my Blue Floral Mesh Slip-on Sneakers and my Olive Green Crossbody Bag. I have on my Floral Sunglasses and my Gold Textured Teardrop Earrings. If you are counting there are three patterns in this outfit but you can't even tell and that is the purpose! I wore this for a casual Friday to work but Fridays are usually half days for me. This took me to run errands and running after my toddler afterwards.

Olive Green Faux Leather Saddle Crossbody Bag: Merona via Target (similar, Steal, love this), (similar, on Sale, love this), (similar, Huge Splurge, my Favorite).
Black Floral, Wayfarer Style Sunglasses: c/o Glasses Attack from Albania (similar, Steal), (similar, Fantastic Deal, love these), (very similar, Great Deal), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).
Light Gold-Tone, Textured, Teardrop-Shaped, Dangly Earrings: The Limited (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Fantastic Deal, my Favorite), (similar, on Sale, love these), (similar in two-tone metallics).
Raspberry-Pink Luminous Lipstick: "The Wizard of Orchidz" by Catrice via Ulta (identical, Steal + I love it!), (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Small Splurge).
Blue Floral Mesh Sneaker Loafers: Aeropostale (similar, Steal), (fun option w/ tassels, Great Deal, my Favorite), (gorgeous option, Splurge).


A little white Dress (LWD) means Summer and of course I'd include one for this capsule challenge. I am glad I chose this particular one by Who What Wear. It is so feminine, classy and fun and it can be dressed down like I did here or dressed up. With 4th of July around the corner, I cannot wait to pair this with some navy and red, but today just like in the first outfit I went for a Monochrome look. I have been seeing these gorgeous Bow Slide Sandals from Target on every blogger and instagrammer. They finally restocked my size online and I ordered them. You first got a sneak peak of them and this particular outfit yesterday on my Instagram and you loved it. Lastly, I added my Pinkish-Cream Matte Sunglasses to match my monochrome aura. If you are a mom, how do you dress down your dresses to create a casual girly look that is perfect for mom life?! Do you own a few LWDs in your closet?!

Light Baby Pink/Dusty Pink Plastic Framed Oversized Sunglasses: Forever 21 (similar, Huge Steal, love these), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, on Sale, my Favorite), (very similar, Huge Splurge, love these).
Gold-Tone, Very Light, Chandelier-Shaped Filigree Earrings: Kendra Scott (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Steal, my Favorite), (similar).
Silver-Tone Dainty Necklace w/ Rainbow Flamingo Charm: Cat+Jack via Target (New) (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Steal, love this), (similar silver pave option, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar in pink crystals, Small Splurge, love this).


Around 140 outfits were linked up last week - thank you. As always I had a hard time selecting favorites. I am co-hosting Friday Fashion tomorrow with Jennie so today I am focusing on my gorgeous featured lady. I will share the rest of my favorite looks from last week, in tomorrow's post, so stay tuned. =)
This week's featured blogger is RUTH from My Little Nest who is a gorgeous mama of two little girls, sharing her wonderful SAHM style on her blog and a beautiful Instagram feed too, so please follow her. As you know I love a good tropical or palm print and Ruth linked not one but two outfits featuring Palm Print Tops. First she showed us the most fun sweatshirt paired with black denim cutoffs and black loafers for a modern cool athleisure look. In one of the photos we saw her pose with her youngest daughter, too. In another post she styled a gorgeous floral tunic button-up with simple blue jean skinnies and gorgeous nude wedges but it is the photo of her and her oldest daughter Sophia that sealed the deal for me. I am a sucker for adorable mommy+me posts especially when both are dressed in cute outfits.

Today's Fabulous Thursday Moda Co-Host: Granola & Grace.
The best part about collaborating with these lovely ladies I get to call my co-hosts, I love that I get to know them better. For example, I did not know Chrissy had 4 handsome sons (one of them pictured below). I told you she rocks casual outfits as the three outfits below prove this.
From Chrissy's Mouth:
"Hi! I’m Chrissy. Lover of the arts, believer in the Creator, wifey, mom of 4 boys and fashion afficionada. I love the connections and inspirations I gain through blogging and count in a joy to read about the lives of others! Conversation is my favorite, as well as reading, singing, eating healthy and being silly."



Happy Thursday Moda day, everyone!


Now join the linkup and make some new friends!










Image Map


Comments

  1. Ada, is there a color that doesn't look great on you? I love you in pinks and reds and oranges and greens and now this navy is so good on you, too. And the white! I am loving the white dress. The details are so fun. And those slides you have on with it are magnificent! Great looks! And Chrissy is so fabulous, isn't she?!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dresses and looking lovely as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy is just precious, such a beauty! Nice Summer dresses, they'd work well here in the hot Florida heat!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada! How sweet to wake up to these beautiful, kind words! You brought happy tears to my eyes...thank you so much. You are a blessing.

    Both of the dresses look great on you! I love how you mixed three patterns on the first outfit and I can see why you sought out the Target sandals in the second outfit. :) I may need to add another pair of casual sneaks to my closet!

    Looking forward to more chats, "comments" and fashion fun in the days to come. Have a fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these looks are so pretty on you! You look lovely!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these dresses are so cute! I love them both on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blue dress is so pretty on you, Ada! I love those fun summer sunglasses you added to the look too. Hope you have a great one!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both dress are gorgeous! I love the slides you're wearing with the white dress. I don't own much white, I should really try wearing it more often. Thanks for hosting :-)

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful dresses! I especially love the white dress - so perfect for summer and it looks wonderful on you. Thanks for the mention about co-hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post!Summer dresses are so fun! Peace!
    Cheryl Tucker
    http://www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of these outfits and I love the shoes in both, too! Especially in the second outfit, I just got my package yesterday from Target with my large bow blue/white striped slides! I really love the white sheath with them! I can't wait to style mine!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love little white dresses for the summer, and yours is so cute! That blue dress also looks beautiful on you, and I love how you dressed it down.
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty white dress, the details are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both dresses Ada! The blue print is lovely and those are some cool slip ons! Comfy and stylish! The white dress is so pretty and looks soft! I think I need those darling sandals from Target!
    Have a great weekend!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a couple of awesome summer looks, lady- you really can't beat a good dress in June!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your smile is contagious, Ada :)

    www.memoriesofthepacific.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect summer style, Ada! Especially love that pretty white shift dress. Looks beautiful on you!

    Mary
    http://marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both dresses look great on you and they are perfect for summer. Looking fab Ada!!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your looks are always fabulous. I am a big fan of yours :)
    Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/2017/06/22/the-taj-mahal/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know how much I love little white dresses! Yours is too cute with the tiered ruffles. I also really love your floral sunnies in the first outfit. They are so cute and fun!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes! You just reminded me that I need a white dress!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such cute dresses on you Ada! And you know I love those bow slides. Aren't they the best?!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your blue and white dress. Such a pretty print. The shoes are a great match. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts